Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Life Goes On....

Well, university has started again and everything has gone back to its usual routine of going to classes, doing assignments and generally getting to know the new people who have just moved into burgmann. I am very happy to note that there seems to be quite a few more science students here now in Burgmann. At least I'm not the only one doing science in Burgmann now, which is a nice thing.

On the other hand, on last saturday, me and my friends went to an event called Mamak Day, which was organised by the Malaysian Students Organisation. Now, you may be wondering what is a non-Malaysian doing at this event? well, it so happens that I do know a lot of Malaysian students here and besides, I'm never one to pass up good food. At the Mamak Day, there was Mee goreng, Roti canai with Dhall, Chendol, Teh Tarik, Chicken Kebabs and sweet potato doughnuts. I especially liked the mee goreng because it was so good but the rest of the food was good too.

Oh, and on a side note, I've watched the new transformers movie recently as well as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I thought that the Transformers movie was awesome and particularly liked Ratchet, the autobot medical officer and bumblebee, the cheverolet camaro. Harry Potter....I actually didn't like. I thought that they cut out too much from the book. Course, you can't really blame them as the book it pretty thick but I also didn't like the fact that they changed who the traitor of the DA was and also how Sirius was killed.

Also I have read the new Harry Potter book, Harry potter and the Deathly Hallows: Book 7 and it was quite good. It was thinner than I expected but I especially like the way she rote the lead up to the final battle though i thought that she could have done the epilouge a little better. Nonetheless, it is still a pretty good read and a good ending to the Harry Potter series.

1 comment:

Scrapper-holic said...

Oh i so agree wit you on the epilogue for HP:VII. What a let down huh!! I was so disappointed when i turned the page only to realize I had read the last line. Boohoo!