Friday, September 7, 2007

Bateman's Bay and Holidays

Well, my mid semester holidays have started and on Saturday 1st September, my friends and I decided to take a day trip down to Bateman's Bay which is a 2hr drive away from Canberra. So armed with a selection of music and a bunch of snacks, we drove down to Bateman's Bay in my friend's car.




The journey was a really fun one, I must say, we spent the whole trip listening to music and talking. When we got to bateman's bay, it was around lunch time so we went to have fish and chips at this small fish and chip shop that had really very good fish and chips. Not as good as the one i had before at Gilligan's in Geelong but still pretty darn good. Anyways, after lunch, we went to the beach which was nearby and spent a relaxing time just sitting there. Although we did have some fun by burying my other friend Jay, in the sand and also exploring the beach.


After we got bored of sitting on the beach, we then went to this little town to have some fudge which my friend said was reall good. Unfortunately it was closed when we got there so we decided to head back to Canberra where we had Indian food for dinner at Queanbeyan and then Ice cream an Rubees in Dickson.

All in all, we had a really fun and enjoyable day, though i was really tired when we got back. Meanwhile, just today, my friend from Sydney has come for a short visit seeing as it is APEC weekend there and they get a long weekend. Other than that though, i've had a rather uneventful hliday so far with most of my time spent studying for my mi-sem exams but oh well, i guess that's life eh,

1 comment:

Scrapper-holic said...

Ooh i see that you've updated ur blog. I've been so addicted to facebook that i haven't been blogging or reading blogs for so long. Haha.

Sounds like u had a good time!! Reading ur post has now made me feel like going for fish n chips too now. Yum!